Monday, December 17, 2012

Family - ingredients for the best recipe ever.

Every family member is a special and unique ingredient for the best recipe ever....FAMILY!

I was working out this morning and thinking about my amazing weekend/vacation with my family in Connecticut. (no carb or calorie counting for me over the weekend!)

You know what I counted this weekend? Every time my cousins made me smile. Every time my step mom told me a loving memory of my father that passed. I counted every time I enjoyed a home made tasty meal or treat. I counted every time a family member smiled when I gave them their Christmas present. I counted the hysterical laughs coming from my Uncles. I counted each special moment I shared with each special person. I only counted every amazing experience I had over this whole weekend.

Meanwhile as soon as I arrived in Connecticut I went straight to my father's grave because it is the anniversary of his death....My car broke down at the cemetery! I had to get a tow truck to come and pull me out of there. I thought of my dad and how maybe he just wanted me to stay a little bit longer! It was the best place I could break down...I have 20 million family members in that area so my uncles came and saved me! Also, my phone died, and my phone charger didn't work but I did not let any of this bother me. Especially after hearing what happened in Newtown, Connecticut. This made me cherish every moment I had this weekend and makes me cherish every moment I have with my loving husband and friends as well.

The whole point of this little post is, just enjoy who and what you have in this life. The number on the scale does not define who you are. It is the holiday season and it the time of year to have a great time with the ones you love. Just be aware of yourself, your actions and also be aware of all the great things you have in your life because we are not here forever! Enjoy yourself but don't destroy yourself!

I took this picture as soon as I arrived in CT right before my car died!  

For a gift to my family I gave them a CD of My Dad singing and playing guitar at a gig back in the late 80's early 90's at Chuck's in Connecticut. Thanks to a local friend - I had the tape converted to MP3. I digitally remastered this song and sang along with my dad on this track after all these years of never having this opportunity to do this. He had lost his voice back in 97 after a major surgery. I lost him 2 years ago today and it is an amazing thing to be able to finally sing with my dad after all of these years. Also - Thank you to my family and friends who have been there for me and who are all true blessing to me in my life.



2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Jessica..What a nice thing to do for your family. We love you! Mom XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gave me the goosebumps! Fantastic
    Sandra (MOVE)

    ReplyDelete